Removing the diamond plate?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David.W

Reaction score
Did we ever come to a conclusion about whether or not the diamond plates could be removed safely and replaced with a custom option??

David.W said:
Did we ever come to a conclusion about whether or not the diamond plates could be removed safely and replaced with a custom option??

When I was looking at this, I wound up ordering a new head shell from Mesa.

I think I remember someone doing that, $200 US but ended up $315 when shipped. That diamond plate must come off!!

i read it somewhere on this forum, you can remove the diamond plate using a heat gun or hairdryer. its glued on.
i myself would not try this. and i like the diamond plate anyways.

allcountyfair said:
i wonder how much heavier the diamond plate makes the amp. does anyone know how much it weighs?

I think its 3lbs, who knows where I got that number. Id love to hear a first hand account about the hairdryer. Im building the courage to remove it, slowly.

I emailed Mesa about this awhile back and they replied that it is held on with industrial strength double-tape and also said if one tried to remove it they would most certainly destroy the baffle board that it's attached to. I never ended up taking mines off. Instead I went the easy route by selling it to get a Mark IV. :wink:

Yeah I too am not crazy about the diamond plate look. I much prefered my Tverb cosmetics.

But a new custom head shell is too expensive for a cosmetic change for me. It'll have to do.

Hey PRSKiller....I am traveling to Hawaii in August for vacation. What island are you on? Curious is all.

Are all the head-fronts installed that way or just the DP? I have the standard RKII face. I imagine it's screwed on from the back.

Dave

boogieslide said:
Yeah I too am not crazy about the diamond plate look. I much prefered my Tverb cosmetics.

But a new custom head shell is too expensive for a cosmetic change for me. It'll have to do.

Hey PRSKiller....I am traveling to Hawaii in August for vacation. What island are you on? Curious is all.
Maui, enjoy your vacation :)

Well I just put in a question to Mesa about a custom shell, here's my frankenstein project for my 3ch DR:

1) Green raised vinyl like on the new Stiletto Ace combo
2) Tan grille covering, keeping the brushed metal grille vent
3) Instead of the Mesa Engineering logo, the old 'Boogie' logo from the MKI
4) Brown leather handle like the Lone Star's have

I'm nuts I know :twisted:

We'll see what they quote me for that lol.

Platypus said:
Well I just put in a question to Mesa about a custom shell, here's my frankenstein project for my 3ch DR:

1) Green raised vinyl like on the new Stiletto Ace combo
2) Tan grille covering, keeping the brushed metal grille vent
3) Instead of the Mesa Engineering logo, the old 'Boogie' logo from the MKI
4) Brown leather handle like the Lone Star's have

I'm nuts I know :twisted:

We'll see what they quote me for that lol.

i like that. let me know how it turns out, might do it to mine as well

Latest posts

Back