Removing MKIII Reverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfchild

Reaction score
So, my MKIII has a reverb tank installed as an aftermarket addition. I never use this feature as the places that I use this amp in tend to have enough natural reverb (outdoor gigs, large halls, theatres etc.).

My question is:

How easy is it to remove the reverb unit from my MKIII? Is it just a case of unplugging the tank and removing the driver valve and tank or is there more to it than that?

Would really like to return my amp to it's "factory state" if possible.

Thanks,

W.

ps. obviously I have just been using the amp with the reverb dial on zero!!!!

I'm intrigued. The complete, entire reverb circuit was retro-fitted? Not only the tank (that's the easy part), but the tube socket and all the internal circuitry?
To go back to the amp's "original" state, you'd have to remove everything: wiring, circuit board(s), knobs, pots, RCA jacks need to be removed and chassis holes plugged, etc.
Why not just unplug the tank and leave the knob at zero. Removing the reverb tube just creates more holes for dirt to get inside the chassis.

Yep, the whole thing!

Guy who owned the amp before me got the tank and all extra parts from mesa, including matching reverb knob etc. You can tell by the condition of the tank and components that it's a lot newer than the rest of the amp. Only owned the amp for maybe two years, reckon the reverb can't have been added long before I bagged it.

As far as the tube socket is concerned, think I've seen non-reverb versions that have the empty socket for the driver tube already built into the chassis. This is definitely the case for the 60W UK versions (which is what I have). Not sure about the RCA sockets though. Presumably the extra parts were included in the Mesa reverb kit?

Already play with the reverb knob on zero, will unplugging the tank have any impact on the tone in addition to this?

W.

Latest posts

Back