REGARDING CABINETS FOR TRIPLE RECTO...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bchewdown

Reaction score
Hello fellow Mesa Users...excuse me for asking this question but here goes anyway..I just bought a tri-recto and am currently seeking a 4x12 cab. I don't really care for the actual recto cab's sound so i've been looking elswhere..the facyt is I spent most of my cash on the head and really need to find one in the 350.00 to 400.00 range.
i'm currently looking at a line6 flextone cab rated at 350 watts. Hmm dunno..
anyway thanks for reading!!!

Bchewdown said:
Hello fellow Mesa Users...excuse me for asking this question but here goes anyway..I just bought a tri-recto and am currently seeking a 4x12 cab. I don't really care for the actual recto cab's sound so i've been looking elswhere..the facyt is I spent most of my cash on the head and really need to find one in the 350.00 to 400.00 range.

whatever you do stay away from line 6 cabs unless your using a modelling amp... the celestions loaded in their cabs are meant to be more or less flat and not to add any additional color to the tone of the amp.... this is so the amp can model the cab

if your looking for something new check out the Randall RS412XC (399 new), Randall RX412 (299 new), or (dont laugh) B-52 ST-412 with v30s which to me is very very very close in spec and sound to a mesa cab... all the above mentioned sound great with rectos

for used stuff check craigslist as you can always find marshalls, mesa, among other cabs well in your price range..... also check out the harmony central forums.... keep your eyes open and be a little patient and you'll get a great deal

Go for the stiletto/Recto traditional cab, it is a normal size cab and one of the best built out there. save an extra 100 dollars and buy one used, they do pop up for around $400 to $500.

Bchewdown said:

I cant stress it anymore go look USED

I picked up one of my bassons used for 375 and 50 bucks to ship it thru a buncha states :lol: check craigslist by you locally or ebay def worth a look to get a solid cab and save cash

I'd seriously suggest a basson cab if you can find one for cheap

Thank fror the heads up on the line6 cab...I'll definately check into the cabs you guy's listed and let you know which one i selected!!!
thanks for all the reply's!!!!

Back