Redial IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I end up w/ pretty much the same setting I started with. Which is pretty much my main tone on this amp... I keep coming back to it.... :lol:

MesieBooga said:
I end up w/ pretty much the same setting I started with. Which is pretty much my main tone on this amp... I keep coming back to it.... :lol:

Gotcha! :lol:

Funny deal with me since I have been Playing Boogies..., I have a lot of amplifiers and I have one at the practice room (Drummers house) that I have had there for years - non mesa..) and we practice every wednesday..and have not touched a dial on it since I coudl remember unitl the last three weeks. I have been adding more mid more mid more mids to it every week. I wish so bad that I would have had written the setting down that I had been using for there (15 years of practicing in the same place). I woudl love to dail it back to that and see how far I have come.

I am loving my sound. I should have been playiing Boogies many years ago to my ears.

I think that one of the greatest things about the C+ is its response to the guitar controls. I have owned both versions of the MkIV, as well as purple, red ,blue, and green stripe MkIII's. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but I could not get these amps to respond to the guitar controls in the same way. I have about 3 standard C+ settings that work well with my gear, and do my "dialing" at the guitar. This comes from about 12 years of Boogie MkI (plus an overdrive pedal) playing before discovering the C+. There was about a 7 year "Recto" period in between that I am still confused about the "mindset" that steered me from the Mark series. :?

MesieBooga said:
Can't believe you haven't brought the Boogie over there yet! :wink:
well, the room has been set up for a little over fifteen years... Sometimes other people borrow and take and then it shows up a little bit different in some way... (I can tell but a bit of deny deny goes on..) So I am worried as heck to leave something so nice there!
What I will do though (great idea...) is bring one and then take it back with me! We generally just right to the drinks and set lists with no setup time. That is one of the reasons we don't upset the gear there. I will do it once though. It will be a Holy day next Wednesday. 8)

JOEY B. said:
I think that one of the greatest things about the C+ is its response to the guitar controls. I have owned both versions of the MkIV, as well as purple, red ,blue, and green stripe MkIII's. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but I could not get these amps to respond to the guitar controls in the same way. I have about 3 standard C+ settings that work well with my gear, and do my "dialing" at the guitar. This comes from about 12 years of Boogie MkI (plus an overdrive pedal) playing before discovering the C+. There was about a 7 year "Recto" period in between that I am still confused about the "mindset" that steered me from the Mark series. :?

Sometimes I miss a Recto. I had a ton of those too. I should have at least one. :lol:

MesieBooga said:
Good idea! becareful w/ your baby (I use roadcases or slip covers) and let us know the resultz.

I will. be careful, And they won't touch it. I do plan to gig with the C+ our bars/clubs are all smoke free now by law.
I got a custom road case built for the C+ head and it is tracked to be delivered tomorrow! It was $420 !!!!. I had a few too many Gin/Tonics when the owner of the company (Tim Marsh) called me back to discuss the "order".

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=26715

ATA 3/8" case, Hinged lid, extra storage area in it, Heavy hardware, dual locks with 4 keys, resessed wheels built into one end, Black. I'll post up a picture when it gets here.

I have lots af hard road cases (ATA) for a lot of the gear but this is only the 3rd time I have bought a custom one built for my needs. I simply cannot get on the phone or internet whilst drinking. I have never spent so much for something so little before. I have bought two amps for that kind of money before. Cases usually hit me for about $225. This one is a serious "ouch".

I just checked tracking information. It is on for tomorrow delivery still!

JOEY B. said:

You did tell me that in our phone call, and I have found it to be true for me as well. I am flat out shocked at what it sounds like with my Fulltone Clyde Deluxe wha in front of it. The tonal range on this amp is far greater than anything I have owned prior.
I certainly appreciate all your dedication to the sport :wink:

JOEY B. said:
I think that one of the greatest things about the C+ is its response to the guitar controls. I have owned both versions of the MkIV, as well as purple, red ,blue, and green stripe MkIII's. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but I could not get these amps to respond to the guitar controls in the same way.

+100. I find the early Marks do a better job of letting the inherent voice of the guitar get through. To my ears, that's what "vintage" means. I find the IIC does a better job of that than the C+ and is equally happy with single coils or humbuckers.

Just got home from practice... I did NOT take the C+... But I did show them the picture of the new road case....

caseopened.jpg

I just couldn't couldn't take it. I felt like it would take away from business. (and it would have). I will be jamming on it after supper :)

Latest posts

Back