Rectoverb wih EL34

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
count_chocolat said:
Has anyone tried this, does this get you in Marshall Territory?

Like the Stiletto...!

I used EL34s in my ROV and loved it but Im afraid you will need to acquire a Stiletto if you want to get into that territory .

I own a rectoverb 2 combo and I have been thinking about trying some el34's in it. Question is what would the bias ratings or settings be for this amp if I were to order some el34's from someone other than Mesa???
I guess I just need to know the current draw or something??? please correct me if Im wrong in that staement???? I would like to try some of the SED winged el34's people have been talking about in other threads. Id like to purchase somewhere other than eurotubes this time around,,,maybe Dougs tubes, and I wonder if he would know the info on a particular amp so he could set me up with the correct tubes to use with the fixed bias boogie.. Im just worried about problems if this cant be done.

count_chocolat said:
Has anyone tried this, does this get you in Marshall Territory?

Like the Stiletto...!

Hmm, not to come off like a prick here, but A mesa is a mesa and a marshall is a marshall.

My bet is the best way to get into Marshall territory is to buy a Marshall!

On a side note, I own a Rectoverb 2 and am curious to hear what the EL34's will sound like. I have two pairs of EL34's and I'll let you know how they sound after I install them. (I'm sure my amp will sound like Mesa with EL34's..not a Marshall)

Back