Rectoverb vs Mark I : Need help to choose

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great, thanks to all, I will try the Rectoverb II Combo

>> souelle

Yes it was me at the Blues Fest, that wasn't one of my best gig, I was sick like a dog that night.

I hope you didn't find my yahoo photo album too provocative !!! LOL !!! Ok, my face must be red like a tomato right now :oops:

I will email you for my Deluxe reverb, I hope that you can fix it, I love that amp.

Koprofag said:
I think I will need a man !
Take me! Come into me! God **** you! Take me. :twisted:

Koprofag are you trying to charm me just to see that photo album souelle was talking about ??? :roll: Just kidding.

Thanks a lot for your long and well written post, very interesting and helpful. It's true that many people are buying thoses amps for the Nu Metal tone and that was my major concern, I wasn't sure that I could get a nice crunch and clean breakup with thoses amps, but it looks like it won't be a problem.

It's the same thing with the MKIIC+ and MKIV, each time you listen to a sample, it's a Metallica or Dream Theater cover, but thoses amps can make so much more, The MKIV is probably the best Jazz amp ever made. I have used a 60W MKIIC+ in studio last year, and one of the best sound I had with that amp was on the clean channel with the volume and Master all the way up, plugged into a Marshall 4X12, the sound I got was probably the closest thing to a Marshall plexi that you can imagine. I'm sure that if it was using El34 instead of the 6L6, I would be able to totally make it sound like a Plexi. Take the Soldano SLO, alost everybody try to make it sound like Van Halen, or thoses late 80's early 90's shredder, but that amp have been put on the map by Clapton on SNL, and when Clapton was using it, It was the ultimate blues Amp...

One last question about the Rectoverb. Does it sound good even with the combo single speaker, or it really need a 2x12 or 4x12 to get the magic out of it ?

Thanks !

I hope you didn't find my yahoo photo album too provocative !!! LOL !!! Ok, my face must be red like a tomato right now

All I can say is :D :D :D :D My face is red too, but I think the room got warmer.

I thought the combo sounded incredible with the stock speaker. I also tried it with a few others (Weber Thames, Celestion Vintage 30 & Heritage 30), I ended up just using the Celestion Black Shadow because I thought it was the best for this amp.

I have tons of upclose pictures of the insides of the Rectoverb II that I used to have.

If anybody is interested, PM me. You will need high-speed internet though, some of them are large.

Marie78 said:
Just found it

Rectoverb 1x12 combo

Size :
H 20 1/2 x W 26 7/8 x D 11 3/4

Weight :

70 Lbs

What ? 70 Lbs, How can a girl lift that thing !?! :oops: I think I will need a man ! :D

Caster will help ya. I'm not sure if they come with them or not....but they are a cheap and easy add-on.

Back