rectoverb spreaker

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibegyourpardon

Reaction score
hello, I recently have been noticing that my low end on my rectoverb is really really flubby. I am %99 that the speaker is torn. I was wondering if I should buy a replacement black shadow, or try something else?

Has it been a gradual decline over time? Your power tubes might need a changing if that is the case.

My ROV sounded too flabby too, I even tried replacing the speaker and it didn't help so I went with a 2x12 combo. My ROV sounded GREAT in my 2x12 closed back Genz Benz cab, but I never could find a good setting on it that sounded good by itself.

I think it's just too much power trying to get pushed through a 1x12 open back amp. It's not hard to swap out speakers, so you might try it with a friends speaker before you go out and buy one..... I bet it's just the nature of the beast or the tubes.

Keep us posted on what you do and if it fixes it.

I agree with tele-jas. My ROV with its combo speaker sounds flabby as well, but with a extra cab it sounds a lot more tighter.

When i was in the US. I played a Dual Rec w/4x12 Closed Back cab... WOW! I played a Single Rec w/4x12 Closed Back cab..WOW!...Here, i then played a Recto-Verb Combo...1x12 Open Back... BAHHHHHH :x Didn't like it at all..

hmmmmmm, im going to hook it up to the speakers in my marshall 2x12 closed back avt275 combo and see how it likes it. I will post how it sounds.

also I have to tell you that I crank it to about 5 or 6 all the time, so there must be stress on the speaker. I will post the results on the 2x12 cab soon.

Latest posts

Back