Rectoverb series 2 combo - BROKEN

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Mills

Reaction score
Being fairly new to Mesa can any tell me are they normally reliable. Had mine 5 months (£1600- $2800 approx- rip off British price) and its already been away a whole month for repair (resistor or transistor had gone u/s all the valves were ok), I've had it back two weeks and now it's developed a loud 'ticking' noise when the guitar's plugged in. Tried different guitars, leads, changed channels but to no effect. Also does any one know an email address for Mesa Boogie USA (none on web site!) cos the UK distributor hasn't even replied to my emails....... Please help...Thanks Richard

The only email I know of is "[email protected]". But they usually don't reply, and prefer phone calls to help you out personally. Generally I think all Mesa's are reliable. Hope you get your problem figured out though. What kind of ticking noise do you mean?

Like a very loud clock but about 2/3 ticks per second, and the tick gets louder and quieter when you turn the volume up and down so it's coming throug the speaker. Apart from the tick the amps tone and volume is totally unaffected...cheers

Just curious, are you using any type of transformer? Would you be on 240 or something? And BTW, I would demand a new amp! ASAP!

No pedals, absolutely nothing but a guitar straight into the jackplug & yes I'm usin 240 volts but it's a UK spec Mesa so it's fitted to run off 240 volts..... I get the feeling we might not get the same standard of support in the UK as in the USA. Beginning to think I should have stuck with Marshall, though the Recto sounds so **** good.....Normally!

Wow, that sounds very unusual of a Boogie... You don't have a cell phone sitting anywhere near the amp? A cell phone will make it do weird things too. I know all the tubes checked out, but you might try tapping all the preamp tubes with a pencil to see if any are going microphonic.

The power converter is another possibility, if you using something that allows you to run it at something other than 110 volts.

Keep us informed on what it is.

xnfx said:
The only email I know of is "[email protected]". But they usually don't reply, and prefer phone calls to help you out personally.
I disagree here. I have recieved a reply each and every time I have asked a question using their email address given.

Back