Rectoverb - Satch tone?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voodoo_child

Reaction score
Would i be looking at the wrong type of amp altogether if i was considering a rectoverb, bearing in mind thats the kind of tone i generally aim for?

The key will be the Mids. The treble will need to be dialed back...probably no higher than 12:00 and the mids and bass will have to be accentuated. I love Satch's tone but I can't honestly say I've found it in the ROV, although I've never tried. Also, you may need to roll off treble on your guitar. I have a Les Paul and use the middle position with the neck pickup on 2-3, the tone control on 7 and the bridge PU volume/tone on 10 for a slightly beefier tone.

I use Vintage mode.
Amp settings to start with (all clock settings):
Gain - 2:00
Treble 1:00
Mid 12:00
Bass 2:00
Presence 11:00
Master 10:00
Output - as loud as you need it.

You'll probably have to tweak it to get that midrange honk...
voodoo_child said:
Would i be looking at the wrong type of amp altogether if i was considering a rectoverb, bearing in mind thats the kind of tone i generally aim for?

I think you can find it but it will be harder and not as close as something like his signature head. Rectifiers are def there in the low end department but it needs to be tightened up with an overdrive.

Here's a reference point(old clip), sorry for the slop:
http://platypus.memoryfire.com/extremist.avi

That's done on my dual rectifier with an overdrive.

get a jsx combo if you want satches tone
its only about 80 dollars more than a rectoverb
and is 2x12 so id check that one out too

JSX amps are great. I had one before I got my RKII. But I've heard people get Satch tones out of Engl's and other stuff too. It's because, up until he had the JSX, he used just about everything. In fact, I think he only used the JSX exclusively on Super Colossal.

voodoo....I tried the settings I suggested and came real close. The gain wasn't particularly over the top but can be adjusted to accomodate. If you want clips, I could probably record some low-tech MP3's using my laptop condenser mic.

voodoo_child said:

Thanks for the replies guys. I used Satch as an example because while i know the rectifiers are excellent for metal, that isnt really what im after. Im just looking for a great lead tone, with plenty of gain and sustain.

I have a bunch of amps on my list of considerations, and was just wondering if i should include the rectoverb.

Regards

Back