Rectoverb Pics and questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sp3ktral

Reaction score
So i got a series 1 rectoverb and put lightly, it kicks ***

here's a few pics:

100_3549.jpg

100_3561.jpg

100_3573.jpg

100_3582.jpg

100_3584.jpg

100_3592.jpg

so in the pics above of the circuit board it says copyright 1998, was this the year my amp was made?
other question: can you tell me anything by that serial number?

thanks guys!

Cool, that's just what I needed, I wanna see inside a Rectoverb...

Thanks

Sp3ktral said:
...so in the pics above of the circuit board it says copyright 1998, was this the year my amp was made?
other question: can you tell me anything by that serial number?

No, that date is the revision date of that circuit board....

If you don't see the mfg. date stamped on the bottom of the transformer, you can usually call Mesa and they can tell you the manufacture date based on the s/n.

I don't think that It would overheat if it was 5 inches shorter, I've seen many amps with a lot more stuff inside and more tubes, like the MKIV and they don't overheat. My guess is that they made it that large for the Reverb thank that was inside the amp in the first series. They have kept the same design for the second series but they could have made it shorter, maybe they already had a bunch of chassis and cabinet in stock. I don't know.

What I don't understand is why they have made a 1x12 combo instead of a 2x12 with the Rectoverb ?

The width of the combo is 26 7/8, 26 5/8 for the 2x12 3/4 back Cabinet and 26-3/4 for the 2x12 Roadster Cab, the combo cabinet is large enough to put 2x12 inside. At 70lbs, the combo is already too heavy to be a portable amp, The weight of a Black Shadow is something like 10lbs. It's not really a big difference, but you get so much more headroom, bottom and punch with a 2x12.

Here's a picture of the ROV Series 2 Circuit board

Thanks to Monsta-Tone for that nice pic !!!

Click to enlarge

If you compare with the Series 1, it's a completely different circuit board, might look the same at first, but look at the parts on the Board, it's a totally different setup.

wow that's significantly different.

so, unless i call mesa i have to take off the tranny to get a date on it?

Marie78 said:
I don't think that It would overheat if it was 5 inches shorter, I've seen many amps with a lot more stuff inside and more tubes, like the MKIV and they don't overheat. My guess is that they made it that large for the Reverb thank that was inside the amp in the first series. They have kept the same design for the second series but they could have made it shorter, maybe they already had a bunch of chassis and cabinet in stock. I don't know.

What I don't understand is why they have made a 1x12 combo instead of a 2x12 with the Rectoverb ?

The width of the combo is 26 7/8, 26 5/8 for the 2x12 3/4 back Cabinet and 26-3/4 for the 2x12 Roadster Cab, the combo cabinet is large enough to put 2x12 inside. At 70lbs, the combo is already too heavy to be a portable amp, The weight of a Black Shadow is something like 10lbs. It's not really a big difference, but you get so much more headroom, bottom and punch with a 2x12.

I was just recently thinking the same thing. I might just try to put another speaker in my rectoverb.

Back