Rectoverb - non working .. gr..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick_cor

Reaction score
So I got my rectoverb head, and I noticed that the reverb is not working, i'm pretty pissed off, the guy who sold it to me over ebay, isn't responding to me.. I've already eating 200$ on duties and 100$ on shipping, so i ended up paying a fair price on it. If the reverb doesn't actually work, what are the actions I can take? I would like to get a FULL refund, if that's the case, but before I jump to any conclusions, what could be wrong? I already checked the connector, and it's plugged in firm, not sure about the actual reverb tank, because it's screwed, so you cannot see it. PS: how does one tell the differnece between a Version I, and II?

zakkfaerum said:
Version 2 will have an EL34 or 6L6 selector switch on the back.

Well then I guess mines a rect-o-noverb until i figure out what the hell is hapepning, can ebay deo anythign about this?

I guess another thing you should've considered was buying new tubes! Unless you know of they're hours/age/condition? If you don't want to invest in a new set of tubes (usually always the culprit of problems in a tube amp!), I'd suggest swapping some of the preamp tubes around to see if you get that reverb working!

This happened to me...turned out the In.Out leads were plugged in the wrong sockets..switched 'em round and bingo!

Look for two little phono plugs..make sure they're in tight and in teh right holes

JKD said:
This happened to me...turned out the In.Out leads were plugged in the wrong sockets..switched 'em round and bingo!

Look for two little phono plugs..make sure they're in tight and in teh right holes

Thanks man, I tried this, no luck, but when I reversed them I noticed when I switch the reverb on theres a slight hum, maybe if i take the chassis out and check the reverb tanks plugs

If your reverb tube is bad then your reverb will either be there very but faint or be non existant. That little tube might also not be getting a good seat in the socket. Check it out and see if it fixes your reverb.

If you paid with paypal then you can start a dispute with them and they will hold the guys money until the situation is resolved. I did this once and it worked perfectly.

As for the non-working reverb - You should check to see of the connectors have been switched around - try reversing them. You could also pull the chassis out to see if something is fucked up inside (look for burn marks or broken resistors). However, you should only do this if you understand that voltages inside the amp can kill you if you touch the wrong place and that only qualified people should do this and that you should never take the chassis out.

Latest posts

Back