Rectoverb combo - If change reverb tank out, any difference?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tele_jas

Reaction score
As I mentioned to a fellow member in an earlier post, I'm not real satisfied with the reverb on my Rectoverb combo and neither is the other poster on this board that brought it up.... I also tried one at a local Mesa dealer and the same thing, not a lot of reverb.

Would changing the reverb tank out make a difference? I hear there are several different kinds out there, Acoustonics, Fenders, Long spring, 2 spring, 4 spring, ect... What would give me more depth, on demand, if I needed it but still sound good at normal levels (like my Deluxe).

Second, I really like the Reverb on my Tremoverb.. Is there a difference in the tanks or the circuitry that makes it sound better in the Tremoverbs? Or is it a different style of tank?

Tele_jas,

now I've heard using a 12AT7 sometimes makes the reverb sound better (this is straight from a tube seller) and my Mesa 50 Caliber+ came stock with a 12AT7 as the reverb driver. There's a JJ ECC81 (12AT7 equivalent) in there now; since the amp is about 12 years old.

Now, I've never tried it in any of my other MB amps; but let's just see if someone else chimes in on this topic.

Back