Rectoverb 2 Anyone Notice Background Static On Clean Channel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

recto-robbie

Reaction score
Does anybody get any faint background static sound on the clean
channel 1??
The static only happens when I play a note or chord and does not seem to be present every note or chord. It also never makes any static sound when I hold the guitar silent.
It sounds kind of like the slight static you would get if you moved a cable around while not playing. It doesnt sound like a bad tube to me.
It does seem to get a bit better the longer I play but never seems to completely disappear.
I have never heard it on channel 2 raw,vintage,modern. I cant say I have ever heard it either on channel 1 pushed.
I own a rectoverb series 2 combo.
Thanks for any help

I don't have that problem either. I'd look the cable you're using, the connectors, then the tubes.

I also forgot....I had a bad tone pot on my guitar once that was causing similar symptoms.

Thanks for all the replies,,, I tried some of the advice you guys offered.
Its not the guitar because it did it with all 3 I have. I dont believe its the guitar cable because I tried 2 and both do it,,although I might look into better quality cables.
I found that if I turn the reverb all the way off the static disappears. So I checked all the reverb connections in the back and made sure they were seated correctly and it still seems to have some static,,,maybe a bit less than before and then after a while,like before, it goes away after playing for a while.
So I wonder what you guys might think could be done to further correct this static with the reverb tank. I do not get any static while turning the reverb knob so I dont believe its the pot.
One more thing,,,Like I said I own the rectoverb series 2 combo,,,,
What is that little connection in the back that sits right next to the reverbs RCA connection into the chassis? Some little wire?
any help please,,,,thanks

Back