Recto-verb combo with 2x12 extension?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jm1681

Reaction score
Greetings all :)

I was planning on purchasing a Recto-verb combo, as well as a 2x12 extension cab. The idea being to use the combo only for smaller shows, and both for larger shows.

I don't know if the combo has a powered output to drive the extension cabinet, as well as the OEM 12" at the same time.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

You should have 2 4ohm jacks and one 8 ohm jack.

Don't quote me on this but I believe you can run your two cabs in the 4 ohn jacks just fine. Hopefully someone can give a yay or nay on that.

Thanx for all the responses guys :)

nocluejimbo said:
You'll want an 8 ohm extension cab for the best impedance match. Run the internal speaker and the cab through the 4 ohm outs.
Does the internal speaker simply have a 1/4" jack on it, that I can select how I choose to power it?

Pardon the noobness. I've been playing guitar for years, and wiring up madness for a long time; Impedance, and Ohms however are still not my friends though :(

I used to own a recto-verb combo with a 3/4 back 2X12 ext.cab

i plugged the internal speaker to the 8ohm jack and the 2x12 to one of the 4ohm jacks and it worked perfectly.......i never played a club where i turned up past 4...however i would STRONGLY suggest putting it up on something close to ear-level if you are in a 2-guitar band.

also your extension cab will not be quite as loud as your internal speaker.....of course you could always just plug you extension cab into the 8ohm jack and not use the internal speaker if you want a darker more 4x12-ish tone.

you'll just have to try your different options and see what suits your tastes

Latest posts

Back