recto,sounds good then bad.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rectofried

Reaction score
i have yet another issue with another of my recto's...dual channel...when first turned on it sounds crunchy with highs sounding like they are supposed to,but after a few min. of playing the amp sounds like somebody turned down the treb..and the amp sounds kinda muffled...imagine sitting in front of the cab playing (reduced volume of course) and then moving your head away from the cab..thats the sound difference im getting for comparison purposes...it just goes flat sounding...i have cleaned all the pots and tube sockets and replaced power and preamp tubes with no change...this happens with or without the loop engaged.

midsize room at bedroom level..i suspected ear fatigue as well but the amp loses feel too..like it becomes harder to play...

I get the same with the Roadster, but when your amp doesn't sound good to you, it's not going to feel good either. I feel one contributes to the other. But the next day when you fire it up, it sounds great and you feel like you can play anything. The highs and lows of being a musician, lol.

thanks for the replies guys...im beginning to wonder about the highs and lows of being a musician..hehe

Latest posts

Back