Recto Solo50/Rectoverb Solo 50 Amp Settings?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnarwailnmt

Reaction score
So, i browsed this forum 12 pages back before i decided to post a new topic. I recently fell into a Mesa Rectoverb head from a Marshall JCM 900. The Mesa owned the Marshall in tone and gain to nobodies surprise im sure. But I cant get that "chainsaw through bone" metal sound i desire from it. I have the clean dialed in, just need help on the gain channel. Anyone who has a ROV or Solo 50 rectifier should help me out with this. Im also looking into buying a Mark IV in the near future, which im sure has all the gain im looking for. But for now I need a killer gain tone to cut through the mix of a metal/funk band tuned to drop-c. Why would i buy a mesa and not use the gain channel?

also. There is a lot of hum from the gain channel and it gets feedback very easily...this a normal ROV/Solo 50 Problem?

have no such problem with my rectoverb head. I don´t remember my settings but I thinks it is gain-1 o clock, bass 9,30-10 oclock. treble 1 oclock. mid 11 oclock. prescence 10 oclock. output volume 12 oclock, chan vol-10 oclock, all boosted with a maxon od 808
good luck!!! it is a wonderful amp, tighter than a dual recto

Personally, I thought the amp had plenty of gain and very little noise. 3 o'clock on modern and past is so thick, almost unusable. I usually had it about 1 on modern or 2 on vintage...eq to taste.

gnarwailnmt said:
There is a lot of hum from the gain channel and it gets feedback very easily...

What kind of guitar are you playing? Mostly what pickups, single/hum? How close do you play to the speakers? Pickups could be the problem. Make sure they are potted if hums. That helped me!!!

I bought the mkIV and soon after sold the rectoverb. The mark owns. It isn't as quiet on the lead and is voiced for the mids, but it shines and cuts in a mix easily. ...And very tight! The eq can be tricky, but anything is possible if you spend time with it. It doesn't have the gain of the recto, but it has plenty to get any tone.

I've had the mkIV for almost a year and still feel like a bottle rocket!

Latest posts

Back