Recto settings/Racktifier thoughts

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4nkam

Reaction score
So I've spent the past few days really dialing in the racktifier and I just took a pic of my current settings. Not too surprisingly, they're pretty close to my old Tremoverb settings BUT it sounds very different. For some reason, you can totally crank (if you wanted to) the presence, treble, or gain on the racktifier and there's very little "recto buzz" in the tone. The racktifier is a lot punchier, more in your face than the tremoverb, like the scene from back to the future where marty gets blown away by the huge amp :D Orange clean is actually fairly decent and I've got some good stuff going on but Orange variable high gain is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. VERY articulate, woody, jangly, crunchy, yet smooth and warm.

Here are my old Tremoverb settings:
tverbsettings121406.jpg

Current Racktifier settings:
racktosettings012007.jpg

Your settings are very much like mine, except i use a little more bass. I have two, 2 channel dual recto's, one is RF-1C and the other is RF-1D, the D is the closest to the one you have.

I never use my recto for clean, i have the orange set up to vintage and red set up modern and just use another amp for cleans.

the other day i got to crank the clean outside before a show and i was impressed at how nice it was compared to the poor muddy tones i get when i have to play at lower volumes in my house. it doesn't beat the C+ though, which is practically like a fender.

Latest posts

Back