Recto - Reverb problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Areola

Reaction score
Okie dokie... i just practise re-tubing my amp (never done it myself before) and I took some tubes from my Dual Rectifier and shoved them in my Road King (to replace the two fried tubes in there). I'm only running my Dual Recto on 2x6L6 tubes now cause I can crank it louder! :lol:

Anyway, the tubes in the Dual Recto were fine however now that I've put them in the Road King... everything is still fine... until I hit the Reverb button on my footswitch, I don't get reverb but when the signal from my guitar starts to die off the amp starts to sound like its feeding back. When i'm playing pretty loud, you can't hear it but if i just stand there with my guitar not playing it sounds like its feeding back. Its not the guitars fault at all, it even does it when i turn my guitar volume to 0. Something's gone wrong and all I did was replace tubes. I didn't touch anything else in there.

What could be the problem?

First off--are you sure you didnt accidentally snag the wire that goes from the amp to the reverb tank? Those connectors can sometimes come loose or disconnected @ the connector (wire to the tank). Otherwise, im going to suggest that one of the tubes that you replaced could have gone bad while moving it--did you try to move the tubes back to the DR to see if it still does it? Another problem yould be with one of your Preamp tubes(the one having to do with the reverb for the amp--check the manual for the correct one. Let me know what you find out!! :cry:

1st, how did you diagnose two fried tubes? 2nd, sounds like the problem with the RK is a pre-amp tube, not power tube? 3rd, what do you mean, you can play louder with two tubes removed? I hope you've followed the other procedures included when attempting to operate your amp with two tubes removed! G'Day!

jbird said:
1st, how did you diagnose two fried tubes? 2nd, sounds like the problem with the RK is a pre-amp tube, not power tube? 3rd, what do you mean, you can play louder with two tubes removed? I hope you've followed the other procedures included when attempting to operate your amp with two tubes removed! G'Day!

Firstly... when i play on 2x6L6 setting on my Road King I got no sound. when I played on 4x6L6 there was sound. I pulled them all out and two of the tubes rattled. 2nd.. yeah.. 3rd... I can turn my amp all the way up to 10 and fully saturate the power amp tubes now that there's less of them. I have indeed read about "pulling tubes" for quite some time. I have no idea why I ever read up about it all, because the first amp i ever bought was a Road King.

Latest posts

Back