Recto Recording Pre: Changing modes & tone controls

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talltxguy

Reaction score
I'm checking out this Recto Recording Pre and see it has 2 channels with 3 modes per channel. Cool so far.

My question is in regards to live playing:
Say like you're on that first channel and have the clean setting going with the treble, mid, bass, and presence just right. You've got a real nice tone going. Then you switch to FAT or BRIT. Do you find that your tone controls are now useless and you gotta reset the treble, mid, bass, and presence?

When I owned my Studio Pre, one thing that bothered me was that the settings for the clean channel absolutely did not work when I switched to the lead channel. I'm suspecting it's the same for the Recto Recording Pre, but just want some feedback if possible.

Thanks.

It's been a while since I owned the Recto pre, but if memory serves correctly the tone--and more importantly, signal level--change significantly enough to require redialing for a real nice tone. This will happen any time gain stages are being added to a clean channel, as with your studio preamp. This applies mostly to Brit mode, since I believe Fat mode didn't alter anything but the bass significantly.

With regards to live playing, I'm sure you realize the clean channel modes aren't footswitchable.

Latest posts

Back