recto preamp tube positions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaxNelson

Reaction score
I just got a kit from Eurotubes, and I realized I don't know what position is what as far as v1-v5. There are the 4 in a row and the 1 out front a little. Plus, one is covered using the metal covering. Do I read them left to right or right to left and what is that one out front?

I also have a Marshall TSL 100 with 4 preamp tubes and would like to know how the V1-V4 positions of those.

Any input is appreciated!

Also... on my multimeter, do I have it on the DCV 200m setting to do the Marshall when adjusting the bias?

From your description I'd say it's a Dual Rectifier Rack mount correct? I could not find the manual on Mesas website as I'm sure you noticed. The 2CH DR manual shows (from left to right as your looking at the back of the amp) V-1 (should have the metal cover) to V-4 being the row with V5 out front. I would assume they are the same. You can always give Mesa a call.

I looked through the Marshall manual for the TSL100 and it did not list tube locations. I've always thought that their manuals left something to be desired compared to Mesa's.

Thanks, Clutch... actually, it's a 2 ch head, so that description is good. I would guess the Marshall is the same way, but you never know. I am sure I could also call Eurotubes for the info on that one. Yes, the Mesa manuals are like a novel sometimes.... the Marshall one was pretty scant. I appreciate how Mesa tries to convey the effect different tone controls can have on each other... especially for the Triaxis manual.

Latest posts

Back