Recto Pre DI Settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundpurist

Reaction score
Anomaly said:
Anyone wanna share how to dial Creed, Metallica and 80's hair Metal.
Thanks!!

My recto pre is on repair since so much longtime....but if i remember well, i beleive metallica put a lot of gain and you would need to try an EQ in the effect loop. The reason for the EQ is to cut in the mid without affecting the sound cause the mid on the setting of the recto pre is the body of the sound and it help for the cutting edge of the distortion. I wouldn't put too much gain but increase the master volume at least at 9:30 or 10 O'clock.

There's obviously certain difference between Creed, metallica AND the 80's hair metal sound. But for the hair metal i would go with the vintage mode instead of modern, a lot of presence (at least 1 o'clock) since the presence doesn't react the same way with the 2:100 in vintage mode than the head version(IMHO).

Check out the setting at the end of the manual, i think the liquid solo (if i recall well it was in vintage mode but i prefer the modern mode for this one) was nice.

btw if you can't have the EQ, i suggest you decrease the master volume for a fat sound (mid scooped) and increase the ouput volume a little (maximum 10 O'clock otherwise the mid is going to increase!). For a beautiful mid i noticed you got to find the balance right were the break point is starting in the master volume and then you bring it back just a little bit (not to get an overloaded sound with less autority)...treble 10 o'clock, mid 2 o'clock, bass between 9 and 10 o'clock, presence 9:30 for modern and noon for vintage.

All setting depend on your pickups so just change it to your taste.

One more thing, if you want to get the gear acquisition syndrome...go and try Evidence cable (especially the lyric HG , even the Melody change dramatically your sound compared to any other cables). I'm warning you these are very expensive cables! Hope this helped.
:wink:

Latest posts

Back