Recto pre/2:100 anyone?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey i can see my user name here! :D Check out the crazy solo there...he use EMG 81 with a maximum of gain.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=3494

V!N said:
Please help a bro out here ! The only way for me to try a Rectro Pre is to buy one.
I could really do with some words from somebody who as actually heard how the Recto Pre compares to the Rectifier heads.

let's put it this way.

my triple sold on ebay this weekend, after i spent a few weeks playing with the recto pre, and my triple head.
the triple is bigger, and boomier, but the pre sounds...almost the same but cleaner somehow...
now sure how to explain it, but for me, it was enough to be able to sell the head. right now i am even using the recto pre with a marshall el34-100/100, and am digging that over my 2:90...at the moment.
i also have been trying to win over my jmp-1 and mp-1, but the recto pre is coming out with mindblowing amounts of better tone overall, that i am probably pulling the ada and the marshall preamp out of my rack soon. i can do what i need with the recto pre for the band situation good enough...
as i said, good enough that i sold my triple rec head.

Back