recto hum in standby ?"

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rectofried

Reaction score
standing behing the while in standby..i hear a audiable hum coming from the amp...not the speakers.. if i switch from bold to spongy it stops,,back to bold its there again..i dont notice this on my other rectos, what about anyone else?

I have noticed it on my Roadster. When I brought mine into a tech to have it checked out, embarrassingly the hum went away. The tech told me often times power supplies can do that to an amp. Of course, I went home (drove an hour to have the thing looked at!) after having the tech tell me everything is fine with my amp, and when I plugged in, voila, the noise is back! It is the slightest little hum, but I concur with the tech that it must be the power supply in my apartment complex. It is an old New England apartment complex, with updated and renovated amenities, but these very, very old power supplies in the walls. Anyways, I am going to invest in a power conditioner soon. Maybe, just maybe, this is the case with you amp?

Back