Recto cab speakers: series or parallel?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DS-1

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm building by myself a "Recto cab replica", I've got 4 Vintage 30 and I'd like to know how to connect them (series or parallel?). Furthermore I'd like to know if Recto cabs have any mono\stereo switches on the back pannel to use the 4 speakers in stereo configuration. Thanks in advance for the reply.

they are wired in series parrallel. you can find the diagram in the dual rectifer owners manual.

as for the jacks and switches idk you would have to get someone to taka picture of their cabs jack.

It depends on the impedence of your speakers and what you want the impedence of the whole cab to be. Series Parallel is very common. Are your V30's 8 ohm?

I'm not sure about the mono/stereo switching though. I thought the Roadking cabs were mono/stereo with one open side and one closed side, each available separately via the RK's speaker switching.

mr_fender said:
It depends on the impedence of your speakers and what you want the impedence of the whole cab to be. Series Parallel is very common. Are your V30's 8 ohm?

I'm not sure about the mono/stereo switching though. I thought the Roadking cabs were mono/stereo with one open side and one closed side, each available separately via the RK's speaker switching.

I have a 1960a Marshall. I removed the G12t-75's and putted in 4 v30's 8 ohm. I used the schematic seen in the Rectifier manual and it works at 8 ohm, but I'd like to know if it's possible to use the Marshall's back panel outputs jacks to have 2 stereo outputs. I've tried, but I obtain strange loads with it (2 ohm or 12 ohm), so I removed it and used a simple jack to connect the cab to the head.

Yep, this is what you want:

4sp_stereo_mono.gif

With your speakers, it should give you 8 ohms in mono and 16 ohms per side in stereo. Just be very careful that you don't accidentally plug your amp into the right side jack when the switch is set to mono. The right side jack gets disconnected when the switch is set to mono and your amp would have no speaker load on it.

MetalMike said:
did a little bit of research for you and found this website http://colomar.com/Shavano/4x12wiring.html

Scroll down to the very bottom and it has a wiring diagram on how to do this its fairly simple.

Good Luck
Mike

mr_fender said:
Yep, this is what you want:

4sp_stereo_mono.gif

With your speakers, it should give you 8 ohms in mono and 16 ohms per side in stereo. Just be very careful that you don't accidentally plug your amp into the right side jack when the switch is set to mono. The right side jack gets disconnected when the switch is set to mono and your amp would have no speaker load on it.

Thanks a lot, guys! I think I'll try that configuration, mr_fender. I just don't know if I can use the Marshall panel to do this...I'll try! Thanks again!!!

where you located? I have a mesa 4x12 plate with all the wiring etc.. I paid $40 for it if you want to purchase it. It is the sampe input plate system you find on all the recto cabs and even says mesa boogie on it.

siggy14 said:
where you located? I have a mesa 4x12 plate with all the wiring etc.. I paid $40 for it if you want to purchase it. It is the sampe input plate system you find on all the recto cabs and even says mesa boogie on it.

I'm italian! Could you send me some pictures of this panel? I'll give you my MSN contact in private.

The Recto cab has 4 jacks in the back but no switch:

1 mono input for 8 ohms
1 output
2 stereo inputs for 4 ohms each

richey said:
The Recto cab has 4 jacks in the back but no switch:

1 mono input for 8 ohms
1 output
2 stereo inputs for 4 ohms each

Thanks a lot for the answer, richey. Could you tell me how these jacks are wired?

Back