Rectifier's Diamond Plate...What type of cleaner to use?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rectified in 95

Reaction score
Well, I wasn't sure if I should post this question or not. I didn't want to start swapping cleaning tips and recipes or anything...

BUT, I was wondering if you guys have any special cleaner(s) that are safe for cleaning the front diamond plate covers on the Rectifier heads?

Thanks!

Hmm, I have Martin guitar polish (spray) here. Do you think there's any harm with using it? Or is there something special with certain spray polishes? I almost was thinking something like a chrome polish from the local parts stores but figured I better ask before I mess with the wrong chemical(s). My luck, I'd use chrome cleaner to try and get the diamond plate back to bright and shiny only to hurt the finish in some way.

Thanks Elpelotero :D

When I had my Dual Recto head I would use MOTHERS Mag & Aluminum Polish. It comes in a little can and you can get it at any autoparts store. I think i got mine at PEPBOYS. It ABSOLUTELY restores the diamond plate to its full luster. It's totally sfe to use also, so no worries.

Best product I have found for diamond plate is actually at Walmart. It is called Diamond Brite. The stuff is used to polish diamond plated toolboxes and other metals such as aluminum. I tried it on my truck rims and it's all I ever use now. It makes them into mirrors. I have gotten sunburnt from the reflection while standing next to my truck. :shock:

What if it is black?

Does it need to shine like a mirror then?

RoadKinger483 said:
When I had my Dual Recto head I would use MOTHERS Mag & Aluminum Polish. It comes in a little can and you can get it at any autoparts store. I think i got mine at PEPBOYS. It ABSOLUTELY restores the diamond plate to its full luster. It's totally sfe to use also, so no worries.

That's the best to use with diamondplate for mirror shine :)

I found that Mothers sucks. Diamond Brite is easier, faster, and works better. I can attest to that. Mothers took me a whole day doing my rims and still never looked all that great. Diamond brite took less than an hour a piece to be absolute mirrors. I know that the panel on these amps is much less than even a single rim as far as area that needs to be done and that there should be no oxidation from being outside nor brake dust or grease residue but still. I think that Diamond Brite still works better, faster, and is easier to use. It wipes on and buffs off. Mothers takes more time to work and you have to work harder to make it shine. Diamond Brite was designed for diamond plate too. On the label it talks about making your diamond plate shine. I think that someone wanted their toolbox to shine and was tired of not having the right stuff. This stuff really works. I only tried it on my rims as an experiment because it said it was excellent for aluminum and other polishable metals.

I might pick up some of that Diamond Brite next time I'm at walmart. Funny thing about Mother's products, at least when it comes to using them on cars... I've heard very split opinions on their stuff. Some people love it while other's hate it. I guess the same applies towards using Mother's on your Mesa Rectifiers too!? Ha! Thanks guys!

Back