Rectifier Short Cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budderfingers

Reaction score
Alright guys, I have a Rectifier short cab probably 10 years old or so that I bought used. I have been noticing a buzzing but not a typical blown speaker or loose speaker buzz. The buzzing occurs everytime I hit a low note on any channel but significantly worse when I play on my 3rd channel. I am using a 3 Channel Dual Rec but I tested my bandmates head with my cab too and it did the same thing. I have to get rid of this buzzing sound by Saturday cause we have a show and I am looking for some suggestions. Tonight I plan on taking everything out of it and making sure it is all wired correctly but from when I took the back panel off the other day everything looked good. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks a ton guys!

I owned a cab just like that several years ago and had the same problem. I found that the support in the center of the cab between the speaker board and the back of the cab had worked a little loose. This caused a nasty noise. You might have a look at that support. I ended up running a screw right through the center of the support and it took care of it.

I will re-tighten everything as soon as I get home this evening and let you guys know if that works or not.

Keep the suggestions coming they are greatly appreciated.

This happened to my friend who has the oversized recto cab. if you don't want to put an extra screw in the back of your cab just open the back, roll up some paper towels and tape them to the center support. you could also use foam. we put the back on the cab, plugged in and the buzzy vibration was gone.

colemaneuclid said:
This happened to my friend who has the oversized recto cab. if you don't want to put an extra screw in the back of your cab just open the back, roll up some paper towels and tape them to the center support. you could also use foam. we put the back on the cab, plugged in and the buzzy vibration was gone.
same exact deal with my 5150 cab! it made the crazy farting/vibrating sound and the first time I just tightened the board, second time I used a piece of 1/4" house-wrap foam. problem will probably never occur again! 8)

Sweet deal guys it was that center support rattling on the back of the amp. I used a piece of foam in between the support and the back and problem no more. Thanks a million for all the help as once again the Boogie Board pulls through!

Thanks!

Good news. Glad it was something simple. That is a very disturbing sound when you first hear it.

Back