Rectifier question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merkinball94

Reaction score
I would like to use my Studio Preamp in conjunction with a Dual Rectifier (as a power amp only). From what I've seen, I should be able to connect one of the main outs on the studio pre into the effects return on the Recto to do this, right? I just want to make sure of this in order to avoid accidentally wrecking anything by not having anything plugged into the input of the recto! I assume this also means nothing needs to be plugged into the effects send port?

get a small looper-system with two channels, so you could use both preamps (recto and studio) in A/B.
hook up the guitar to the looper, loop 1 send goes to the input of the rectifier, rectifier send back to looper return, loop 2 send into the studio input, studio send (sounds better than the master out!) back to the loop 2 return. looper output into the return jack of the rectifier. set loop mix to 100%.

if you will only use the studio, plug the guitar into the studio, go from the send out to the recto return and select a channel which is not set to modern. you can try a modern set channel as well, but the manual recommends a channel not set to modern.

Back