rectifier mod...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratman5150

Reaction score
Questions... Owners or Triple Rectifier. I would like to know any of these mods are available.

1) Tube biasing external switch. Not just changing from 6l6 to el34 but actual volttage signal that's going through the power tubes. Kinda like the Randall RM 100 series amp where you just poke a small hole in the back of the amp with your multimeter probe and you can adjust, with and external rotary knob, how cold or hot your tubes will be running.

2) Tighter gain control.

3) Midi channel switching were I can coordinate the channel changes of my head with the channel changes of my wulti effect processor with their different effect settings. Kinda like the idea of the Marshall 30th Anniversary, Diezel, Carvin V3 midi channel switching.

If these mods are available, where can I have them done? Can I do them myself? Are there any kits that I can purchase? I live in the Los Angeles area. If possible anywhere close to my location. Any other mods that you guys know about, please feel free to inform me. Thanks!!! :lol:

All mods that you can think can be implemented. All you need is an idea and an electronics knowledge.
The only think that you must asked yourself is:
Is really needed thats mods????
On my experienced as amps tech is that everybody when cames to my workbench wants a lot of mods. Ok mods are expensive, because everybody wants his personal mod/sound I need to design a new sound for everyone. It takes a lot of hours and a lot of test. When the mod is completely they becomes again, test the amps and when the saw the bill their fucking faces becomes pale.
Little mods are cheaper, just a couple of components to edge your sound, but If you have a marshall and you want a recto sound don´t mod it, just sell your marshall and buy a recto, I can do that mod but maybe will be more expensive than a second hand recto.
In my point of view I think that the best mods, are the 2,3 or 4 componentes replace. If you need more mods maybe you are playing an amp that is not good for you.
Tube biasing: Ok nice idea, you need a potenciometer and a few of componets more. I´m agree if you want it you can get it.
Tighter gain control: Ok I really think that it is not needed, but... it is easy, and cheaper, you can do it
Midi channel control: This is a great NO, you will need a totally digital enviroment implementation, did you think that you are able to implement a midi protocol standar???? and how much did it costs????

stratman5150 said:
Questions... Owners or Triple Rectifier. I would like to know any of these mods are available.

1) Tube biasing external switch. Not just changing from 6l6 to el34 but actual volttage signal that's going through the power tubes. Kinda like the Randall RM 100 series amp where you just poke a small hole in the back of the amp with your multimeter probe and you can adjust, with and external rotary knob, how cold or hot your tubes will be running.

Yes, most amp techs will be able to perform this one. Putting the test points and bias knob on the outside of the chassis will make it more expensive though.

2) Tighter gain control.

That's kinda vauge....

3) Midi channel switching were I can coordinate the channel changes of my head with the channel changes of my wulti effect processor with their different effect settings. Kinda like the idea of the Marshall 30th Anniversary, Diezel, Carvin V3 midi channel switching.

Axess-Electronics.com

Check out the Control Function Switcher. The jacks on the switcher get plugged into the control function jacks on the back of your Rectifier, then you program it like you would any other MIDI device.

screamingdaisy said:
stratman5150 said:

Axess-Electronics.com

Check out the Control Function Switcher. The jacks on the switcher get plugged into the control function jacks on the back of your Rectifier, then you program it like you would any other MIDI device.

The Digital Music Ground Control GCX would probably work for that too.

http://www.voodoolab.com/gcx.htm

Latest posts

Back