Rectifier Effects Users

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhrocker

Reaction score
For people who use FX on a Dual/Triple Recto, do you normally keep your pedals in the loop or do you ever plug them directly into the front. Also, do you have some FX that stay on all the time, rather then switched in and out?

Wah, fuzz, distortion, overdrive and octaver in front of the amp; chorus, delay, phaser, pitch shift and vibe/trem in the loop.

Some of these can go either way (eg phaser, trem etc) and will just sound different; some (eg delay, reverb) don't really sound good the other way, and some (eg fuzz, distortion) really don't want to be in the wrong place where they will sound really bad and might make the amp unstable.

I recently started using a Line6 M13 multi-effect with my 3 channel Dual Recto's with the 4-cable method.
First two effects go in front of the amp, the last two in the effects loop. Of course, this means that overdrives, octavers etc. have to be programmed into these first two effect slots while delays, chorus, verbs, etc. go into the two last ones. Neat stuff once it is set up.
Other than the M13 I use an analog wah between the guitar and the M13. I don't like the wah's of the M13.

After tweaking the loop's volume and setting the loop mix to full, no issues at all. You hear a slight different in sound with the loop engaged (the sound seems to have bit more treble/bite and a bit less bass), but with some minor EQ-ing, this can be compensated.
Either I am lucky, or I am tone deaf but I have no complaints about my Recto's FX-loop behavior whatsoever.
The only thing I am still struggling with is that some of the delays that I really like for soloing reduce the volume a bit. I tried to compensate this with an EQ where everything is boosted as the last effect in the chain but that didn't work out at last band practice. Tweaking will continue.

My rig is very simple and minimal.

Guitar -> Boss TU-2 -> Dunlop 535Q -> MXR Dist III -> Boss DD-20 -> Triple Recto

I've been back and forth about leaving my noise gate and compressor on my board. I rarely put them to use, so they've been off my board. My rig is quiet as hell, which ruled out leaving the gate on my board. As you can tell, I'm not big on effects at all. I typically prefer delay in the loop, but have been experimenting with the DD-20 in front of my amp and am just about set on leaving in front.

Back