Rectifier 4x12 CAB

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmasty

Reaction score
I have a question about what the actual wattage of the cab is. On mesa's web site it say's it is 240 watt cab but I picked one up yesterday and on the input jack it say's it is 280 watts. Just wondering if anybody can school me on this. Thanks for your time.

A few years ago, mesa changed their v30's to be 60 watts instead of 70. So, before it was 70x4=280. Now it's 60x4=240.

Some argue that they always did a misprint and the speakers were always 60w, but fixed them now. Others argue they really did just change them to 60 from 70. Others even say the 70w ones had relaxed mids and the 60w ones have more mids.

Take what you will, but that's the bulk of the information you need to know.

Elpelotero

Thanks for the reply. I spoke with their tech support and per Mesa they are getting the vintage 30's they put in the cabs from England the real deal not the import ones made in china don't know if that makes a difference. Aslo interesting to note I was researching the Marshall 1960AV cabs and they have them listed as 280 watts also.

Latest posts

Back