Rectifier 2x12 cab and Weber beam blockers (or others !)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude52

Reaction score
Hi guys !

This is my first post on this great forum (but I am a long time reader and I need your expertise :wink: !)

I possess a Rectifier Twenty Five and a Recto 2x12 cab which is a great set, I love it. From sparkling clean to Metal from Hell, the sounds are excellents !

I plan to upgrade the cab with beam blockers to block the "ear piercing high frequencies" (particularly powerful when I am in front of it) and make the cab less directive.

As I don't want to make a mistake (as I said, I love this cab and don't want to degrade it as you imagine :wink: !), I wondered if someone has already performed it and could give me a tutorial ?

Moreover, if you have some pics to help, it would be very helpful as I am not really a good handyman...

Thanks very much guys !

Thanks for your answer !

However, I prefer the V30 compare to the C90 and Greenback and for having listening to V30 with beam blockers I can say that it's terrific...and for only 20 euros ! However, it is necessary to open the cab to access to the front of the HP to fix the beam blockers :(

Here is the most informative article I've read on this particular subject. It argues that beam blockers are less than ideal. I am dying to try this but I just don't have time to take my cab apart. The thing I like most about this solution is that it's very affordable (which might make some people think it's not good) and completely reversible.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=470956&highlight=beam

Thanks for this very informative link !

I've already tested something like that with CDs attached with hooks on the grid, and although it is effective, the resulting sound is not convincing to me compared to beam blockers....I will try to call an amp tech to see if he can mount these Weber (or TT diffusors which seem to be very good too) and I'll keep you informed !

Thanks again for your replies guys !!

I installed Fizzy Lifters in my Roadster 2x12 combo and was very pleased with the results. They do the same thing as a Beam Blocker but are placed on the backside of the grill cloth being held in place by an adhesive back. Much cheaper and work very well.

Buy a couple of these and glue them to some cardboard circles. put some strong 2 sided tape on the back and you're all set.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=260-383

Latest posts

Back