Rect-O-Verb Weight

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikey_Sh

Reaction score
Hey folks, I live in europe and my friend over the states was kind enough to find me a used boogie rect-o-verb and send it over.
First, we planned that he'll send me his used dual rec, but unfortunately, he checked with USPS, and seems like they won't ship items which weigh over 42 pounds in low budget shipping methods, and together with the power supply, packaging, cables and pedal, it exceeded this amount, and it would've costed me about extra 400$ for the more expensive shipping method.

So we figured out, it might be a better idea to get a lighter head, which will also be more practical for me (50w is far more suitable to me than 100w), so I thought i'll get a used rect-o-verb head instead. Problem is, I'm afraid we'll face the weight issue once again, and since Mesa/Boogie's amps weights aren't listed ANYWHERE, I thought i'd ask here.

So, does anyone know how much does a rect-o-verb head weighs? (in either kgs or lbs) that info will be a life-saver.

Thanks alot,
Mikey.

found this on a site for yea

Daredevil471403-11-2006, 02:07 PM
So I tried out a Mesa Rectoverb at GC the other day and it has to be one of the best amps I have ever played on, much more versitile than I thought it would be, and of course the distortion just cranks. The best part is now I can afford it since I just got a bunch of birthday money.
The problem however is that during the summer I often move around a lot, between houses and such. Plus ill be going to college next year and will most likely be moving the amo around a lot then too, so my question is how much do these things weigh? (I was stupid and didnt pick it up when I was trying it out.) Thanks in advance.

Edit: By the way, it's the combo version, not head/cab.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paroxysm03-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Combo weigh about 100+lbs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ibanez4life SZ!03-11-2006, 02:23 PM
It's heavy as all hell.....personally, I think getting a head and a cab is easier to move around. It is in two pieces....together, it weighs more, but since you can take it apart, it is less weight on each trip.

Daredevil471403-11-2006, 02:29 PM
How much more expensive is a head/cab than the combo though?

Thanks man, though, I was reffering to the head version... obviously, the combo, naturally, will be much heavier...

yea i realized after i posted that that it had nothing to do what you were asking for lol sorry i couldnt help

Per the weight sheet in the pricing list:
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=3101

The weight is 40lbs.

I recently had a rectoverb combo shipped to me and the shipping weight was 65 lb with box and packing materials. I hope you are able to work something out. Good luck!

Mikey_Sh said:
Hey folks, I live in europe and my friend over the states was kind enough to find me a used boogie rect-o-verb and send it over.
First, we planned that he'll send me his used dual rec, but unfortunately, he checked with USPS, and seems like they won't ship items which weigh over 42 pounds in low budget shipping methods, and together with the power supply, packaging, cables and pedal, it exceeded this amount, and it would've costed me about extra 400$ for the more expensive shipping method.

So we figured out, it might be a better idea to get a lighter head, which will also be more practical for me (50w is far more suitable to me than 100w), so I thought i'll get a used rect-o-verb head instead. Problem is, I'm afraid we'll face the weight issue once again, and since Mesa/Boogie's amps weights aren't listed ANYWHERE, I thought i'd ask here.

So, does anyone know how much does a rect-o-verb head weighs? (in either kgs or lbs) that info will be a life-saver.

Thanks alot,
Mikey.

How about UPS ? They are worldwide .

Latest posts

Back