Recording with my Mesa

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanj

Reaction score
Howdy everyone,

Quick question. I want to setup my Stiletto Trident head in the control room and have the cab in another. Anyone have any ideas on how long is too long when running cable between a head and a cab?

I want my head to be in the room with me so I can tinker with it and not have to walk back and forth between rooms. I know there are probably other options but I want to set it up this way for experimentation.

Thanks!

I do what you're talking about when recording my Mark IV and F-50, running about a 25' line to a 4x12 or 2x12 cab in another room. Haven't noticed any ill effects from the longer line. You might get some attenuation, and make sure to use a halfway decent cable to avoid noise (I"m using a high-guage Monster speaker line).

Use the best quality speaker cable you can afford and keep it less than 7'. I've been known to be something of a tone-freak, and do a bit of pro recording, so bear this in mind when taking my advice. If you're just doing a proof-of-principle demo, then I suppose it might not matter much. But get used to a lot of inconveniences when it comes to laying down quality tracks. Should be worth it though, because it is for posterity afterall.

Back