Recording via "Recoring out" on Mark IV, DC, Quad.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4Eyes

Reaction score
Hi,

do you have some experiences with recording via recording out on Mark IV, Dual Calibers, Quad preamp? Which is better? Is possible to get good effects with using recording out plugged into Line In and some little equalisation?
Or if some off you have good experiences with this kind off recording can you describe it?

thanks a lot guys!

P.S.: sorry for my english but I'm not from English speaking country :oops: see ya!

hi i've got a studio pre, which is almost exactly the first channel of the quad preamp. I used to use my pre straight into the mixer using the recording outs. I think in this way you can achieve good solo and clean tones, but the sound tends to be very very smooth and juicy and tends also to loose some attack, so i would not suggest using the rec outs if you're into heavy music, but it could be a good choice if you're into lighter genres. I think the recording outs of the quad and the markIV are pretty similar. Then you must have a dedicated audio interface or a little mixer before getting into the pc to achieve a good tone. I tried connecting the rec outs of my pre straight into the line in of my usb soundblaster but the results are quite bad.

4Eyes said:
nobody else? :roll:

This was recorded exclusively using the 'record out' with a Mark IVA combo. I used the left phono lead in 'Record out' going into a single jack plug straight into my soundcard (Yamaha SW1000XG then, now an RME HDSP9632).

It was also recorded with some old, microphonic preamp tubes that were left in the amp when I bought it; the sound isn't half bad either (bear in mind it's a 1990 model!!).

The Meloncholy Death of Oyster Boy

holdsworth said:
4Eyes said:
nobody else? :roll:

This was recorded exclusively using the 'record out' with a Mark IVA combo. I used the left phono lead in 'Record out' going into a single jack plug straight into my soundcard (Yamaha SW1000XG then, now an RME HDSP9632).

It was also recorded with some old, microphonic preamp tubes that were left in the amp when I bought it; the sound isn't half bad either (bear in mind it's a 1990 model!!).

The Meloncholy Death of Oyster Boy

man, you have to develop that idea!! :) i like that 8) , for me is somewhat of a mix of Black Sabbath, RATM, Vai and Holdsworth, cool!!

plus i've liked the sound, cool rec for being direct, very organic!! :)

me likey!! :D

Back