Recording Triple Rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intervention

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to mic recording guitar amplifiers. My questions is how loud do I accualy have to set the volume?

(I hope not all 150 tube watts maxed out, i never realized how loud this thing is. =/)

thanks.

As loud as you need it to be to get the tone you want and what you're used to. There is no set volume that an amp needs to be at to record it, but with tube amps IMO, they sound better at a little bit louder volume. When I say a little louder, I mean "band practice" level or "gig" level. But sometimes amps don't read the same book or aren't on the same page and can sound pretty decent at lower levels.

Basically just play around with it until you find the sound "on tape" that you're looking for.

hope that helps.

i'd say as a general rule with a recto, you should always at least be over 9oclock for starters. i encourage you to engage the efx loop and crank the overall volume to around 11 or 12 and then crank the channel master volume to your desired liking. it may be around 8 to 10. this gets the power tubes cooking a little more and you don't get all preamp gain.

Latest posts

Back