Recording Rectifier Pre Clip

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kullaniciadi

Reaction score
Hello there,
I just received my Pre and wanted to record something. There are two clips in http://www.myspace.com/kullaniciadi , one direct recorded and the other same clip with cab sim + eq.

utku

My god man I really don't like them !
They sound like a broken rectifier !
I'm sorry but you have to take some classes about home recording !
Sorry

18&Life said:
Sorry
This way of replying is not pleasant nor it is constructive for him (and it is annoying also for some of us to read posts like your one). Try suggesting something to make him improve his tone/recording technique instead.

kullaniciadi, would you mind explaining al the setup you used for these recordings? i'm sure many people here would help you achieving a good tone.

Well its quite simple, ibanez rg570 --> pre --> presonus firebox --> cubase 3
Also not offended by the tone of the reply at all, I ll take it as a +1 negative response :)

utku

Ok
So I'm sorry for being honesty .
And he didn't asked for sugestions .
If I was rude sorry

maybe it's me having some problems in understanding the tone of some posts, or just I am not used to reply in that way... I apologize

however, your setup seems good... to me you could obtain much better tones, how about preamp settings? when you say "direct" i suppose you're using recording outs, right?

I think I was rude but at that moment I was so chocked with his clips that I don't even payed attention to what I was writing .
:shock:

Well its Vintage channel Gain:Max, Treble:13, Mid:12, Bass:10, Presence:15, Master:12 (o'clock that is) Recording Outs with warm record on.

are you playing through the neck pickup? I find the tone to be choked up somehow... in every case i think lowering the gain would help...
just to know, what is the tone you would like to achieve?

Koprofag said:
18&Life said:
Sorry

The return of Sombra?

Yes. he's sombra, please read this topic :

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=68205&highlight=#68205

He used more than 7 nicknames on the Boogie Board!!!!!!!!!!!!

it sounds like there's something at fault in the setup...the tone is getting degraded in the transfer to the computer somewhere.

my friend has a rectifier he once tried plugging direct into his computer through some mixer and stuff by bypassing the power of the amp head. he only used the preamp. the tone sounded a lot like this.

you're settings are very normal and not bad at all. you are not going into any extremes, which is good. take a careful look at your recording setup. are you clipping? did you check for the gain on the recording gear? are you giving too hot a signal? is there a faulty cable? is the ADA conversion not good? there's something there........

the recto recording pre is a great live preamp, but the "recording feature" is useless.
it's not his fault, it's just the amp, i struggeled with mine for some days/weeks, thinking about bad tubes, broken circuit and stuff like that, after heaving read the description on the mesa side (like a miced stack) I just couldn't believ the sound has to be that crappy.
it is crappy, any behringer v-amp -recto-model sounds better and way more realistic than that piece of crap (only talking about the recording feature!!).
I just couldn't believe my pre is meant to sound like that and the guys at boogie really dare to bring out stuff like that with their name on it......
then i tried some other recto rec-pres and they all sound like that when directly recorded...exactly like the hosted clip.
I just couldn't believe mesa did that...

to make it clear:
the recto pre is a great preamp for live applications and in combination with a poweramp, but the direct recording feature is bullshit and absolutly USELESS for any purpose!

metalaxe said:
the recto recording pre is a great live preamp, but the "recording feature" is useless.
it's not his fault, it's just the amp, i struggeled with mine for some days/weeks, thinking about bad tubes, broken circuit and stuff like that, after heaving read the description on the mesa side (like a miced stack) I just couldn't believ the sound has to be that crappy.
it is crappy, any behringer v-amp -recto-model sounds better and way more realistic than that piece of crap (only talking about the recording feature!!).
I just couldn't believe my pre is meant to sound like that and the guys at boogie really dare to bring out stuff like that with their name on it......
then i tried some other recto rec-pres and they all sound like that when directly recorded...exactly like the hosted clip.
I just couldn't believe mesa did that...

to make it clear:
the recto pre is a great preamp for live applications and in combination with a poweramp, but the direct recording feature is bullshit and absolutly USELESS for any purpose!
it's not a great thing to hear since its name is "rectifier RECORDING preamp"... I think Mesa should pay more attention to those recording outs in every amp they make.

Actually the recording outs in the V-Twin sound way better than the "recording Preamp's" ones!

I m not using any power amp, please check my first post, one direct recorded and with cab sim + some eq.

utku

Latest posts

Back