Recording questions on 3 channel Dual Rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjtwelve

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought an audiophile 192 soundcard and I need a preamp for this. My question is, can I plug my guitar into my dual rec and then plug a line from the slave out (is that a preamp out?) into my sound card and it should work fine????

Please let me know if this is the correct way to record. I'm trying to use my computer for recording and effects so I am assuming it should be clean. And what settings should the amp be on. Thanks

Uh.. don't do that. It's generally a bad idea to ever plug any amp directly into any soundcard. Even if you could do a pre-amp out, you'd be missing the power-amp and speaker's tonal shaping abilities which would drain your tone.

Invest in some microphones and a mixer. The mixer plugs into the soundcard.

the best option is always to mic the amp. You could also search for a poweramp/cab simulator (they're often in rack format), but if you're into heavy music you'll loose some recto's brutality in this way i think. great part od tonal shaping, as mrd said, is done also by poweramp and speakers: the pure preamp output tends to be too raw and very unpleasant-sounding. there's no technical problems to use the slave out for recording (i mean you would not damage anything if you keep the level quite low)... you could try but you'll discover by yourself that this isn't the right method!

Latest posts

Back