Recommendations of cabs for RK II

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZuSchnell

Reaction score
I'm new to this board, go easy me!

I've ordered my RK II last week. Some one suggested a 3/4 sized Bgoner with 2x12 V30's. I liked the sound (in a 7' x 15' listening both).

What are you guys using? I will continue to use my Marshall 4x12 for the big venues (I need to switch out two speakers to V30s). For smaller clubs like Buddy Guys or at churches I want a 2 x 12 but I'm not sure I want lug Bogner's 3/4 size 2X12 around Chicago.

Most of my performance is in what's become a karaoke style band. We set three mikes for the guest to sing along. We are a trio with the drummer doubling on boards with a drum sequencer. Its getting to the point that I need four distinct sounds to go from Sweet Home Chicago to Cheap Trick to Van Halen to Smash Mouth to Creed to Hang On Sloopy...

BTW, Tweed channel is unbelievable. The strat can chime like church bells and the ES-347 will crunch a little bit with a hard attach or hmmm with a soft attach. It will be the channel of choice for blues, R&B, and jazz tunes. Brit will be used for 60's british rock. Channels 3 and 4 for all the 80's to modern rock stuff. Channel 3 light on the gain with Strat has some great blues OD sounds. I love that the solo works on all channels. I'm coming from a F-30.

Test drove the amp for about 2 1/2 hours without pedals. I bet Tweed with a little chorus will fill out the room wonderfully.

I REALLY liked my Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12! It's an over-sized 2x12 that sounds like a 4x12, but easier to haul around.

And of course there's the Road King cabs that let you do closed or open back sections of the cab.

Back