Recommendations for an Overdrive Pedal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up a Version IV Fulltone OCD yesterday. I use it on channel one fat when I am playing a song that needs a little bit of OD/Distortion. It basically acts as a 4th channel. I am very happy with it. It also sounds good with the Mark I on channel two.

+1 on the Fulltone OCD. I like it better than my Route 66 pedal which I'd recommended a few weeks ago in this thread. The Fulltone is just amazing!

I'm using an Xotic AC+ in the front of my MKV. While I totally agree with one of the previous postings about needing an overdrive pedal on a Rectifier (which is what I owned before the V) and not so much on the V, I love the versitility of the AC+. I like to use the lower gain side of the pedal on channel one for a slight overdrive, and use the dirtier side of the pedal just like a Tube Screamer. I use channel two on Edge with a gain around 11, so whenever I need a bit more gain (but not as much as I have on channel 3).. I dirty it up a bit more with the pedal. It's true bypass and is pretty transparent.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw it out there as well.

Latest posts

Back