Recommend me some cables for my rig.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enc3f4L0

Reaction score
I need some help figuring out what cables to get for my new rig. I really don`t wanna spend much so no need for the super hifi over the top stuff. Just some QUALITY cables that are at reasonable prices.

This is the rig, and how I`m thinking it should be setup.

Audio:

Guitars
(cable 1 - 10-c15`long)
EB Volume Pedal
(cable 2 - patch)
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
(cable 3 - 10-20` long)
Mesa Boogie Mark IV Head
(cable 4 - 5-10` long - send)
TC Electronic G-Force
(cable 5 - 5-10` long - return)
Mesa Boogie Mark IV*
(cable 6 - Speaker Cable - 3`long)
(cable 7 - Speaker Cable - 3`long)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto 4x12

Midi:

DMC Ground Control Pro
(midi cable - 10-20` long)
TC Electronic G-Force
(midi cable - 3-5` long)
Axess Electronics CFX-4

Should they be of the same brand? Or it doesn`t really matter?
I was thinking of getting some Planet Waves for instrument/patch/effects and Monster for the speaker cables. I heard good thing about both.
Oh, I don`t want to build anything myself. The should be plug`n`play.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

i use mogami's for my instrument/patch/fx loop cables and love them. planet waves for my speaker cable.

if you have anyone at GC who will hook you up, they can give you a better deal on mogami than they can on monster.

eltreain: I don`t know anyone from GC. I`d have to buy`em online.

Random Hero: Would one cable be enough? I thought you had to use 2 for the 4x12. Both on the 4ohm out of the Mark IV...

Enc3f4L0 said:
eltreain: I don`t know anyone from GC. I`d have to buy`em online.

Random Hero: Would one cable be enough? I thought you had to use 2 for the 4x12. Both on the 4ohm out of the Mark IV...

I run my 4x12 with one cable from the 8ohm output on the IV to the 8ohm input on my 4x12.

You don't need two cables.

That`s even better. I`ll save some bucks.
Sorry for the ignorance. I`m still very dumb when it comes to hooking it all up. :)

After some reading I`m thinking of getting Evidence for speaker cable.
I`m still unsure about the rest of them... I`m mostly in between Mogami and Planet Waves. Canare GS-6 is an option also.

Anyone that has AB`ed them care to share some thoughts?

This is who I buy my cables from: www.bayoucables.com Really good stuff and good prices.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I went ahead and ordered from www.lavacable.com

Mogami for instrument/patch/fxloop and Van Den Hul for my speaker cable. I also got an Evidence audio speaker cable for my brother (playing on a Big Block/powerhouse 1000).

Back