Recommend me some bands to listen to

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primal

Reaction score
Hey,

Can any of you guys recomment some good bands to listen to. I don't get as much time as I would like to listen to what's new in the hardrock realm. I might get a couple new songs once in a while out of the local station, but they are more hung up on the 90's with Pearl Jam and sound Garden every 5 minutes.

Type of stuff I like.

Real singing. None of the throaty growl stuff. Can go as far as Metallica and Megadeath and even some Pantera, but nothing more throaty then that.

I'm into the Alter Bridge type stuff (here come the bricks). But could go for a bit heavier then that, as long as the singing doesn't turn into the throaty stuff.

Any recommendations would be welcome

Have you heard of Muse or MuteMath? Also check out Chevelle, Fair to Midland.

I'll mention all the generic radio stuff since you said you haven't heard much radio. Nickelback, Linkin Park, Godsmack, Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin...You can find that on any "top 40" site though.

Elpelotero said:
Have you heard of Muse or MuteMath? Also check out Chevelle, Fair to Midland.

I'll mention all the generic radio stuff since you said you haven't heard much radio. Nickelback, Linkin Park, Godsmack, Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin...You can find that on any "top 40" site though.

Thanks!

Will check it out. Didn't realize Godsmack was still around

+1 for Muse. They're awesome!
You didn't really list what you already know so sorry if I name some you're already into.
Thrice (especially first 3 albums)
Strung Out
A Wilhelm Scream
Billy Talent
The Bronx
Brand New(?)
Coheed and Cambria (personally I think they're awesome)
Funeral For a Friend ("Tales Don't Tell Themselves" earlier stuff is really screamy)
The Living End
...and of course if you haven't checked out Bad Religion in a while do it.

Anyway none of these just came out yesterday or anything and they're all more punk/alternative based than straight up hard rock, but they're all a lot newer than early 90s grunge and they all rock their asses off.

Latest posts

Back