Recommend good tube amp books please

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stokes

Reaction score
Heres a link where you can download Jack Darrs book for free.Excelent book. www.pacificrecone.com/JackDarrBook.html

Yes I bought some preamp tubes from tubedepot in the past. I have to say that I felt like the person who took my order could care less,,took my order and billing info and seemed to rush off the phone although all the preamp tubes still work fine to this day.If I had ordered power tubes from
this place and felt the same way I would have been pissed.
Dougs tubes and eurotubes are the best IMHO. They both seemed interested in what I wanted,,took the time to explain all questions I had and basically seemed to like to talk tubes with a no nothing like myself.

Dave Hunter's The Guitar Amp Handbook is widely praised. You'll think you're reading a novel - it's hard to put down! He also has an amp build project at the end. Amazon has a great price for it.

http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Amp-Handbook-Understanding-Amplifiers/dp/087930863X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-2144376-5115361?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1176691278&sr=8-1

A little biased?I picked up one of his editions,it was like a 300 page Groove Tube advertisement.I forget which edition,I would have to dig it out,but it had some good info,mostly great pictures of some vintage rigs.

the bible of the tubes are collected on the Morgan Jones book, everyone that read that book have and before and after in his life, for example I extend my c_ck 25 cm, all the womes recognized dudes that read that book for his d_ck

stokes said:
A little biased?I picked up one of his editions,it was like a 300 page Groove Tube advertisement.I forget which edition,I would have to dig it out,but it had some good info,mostly great pictures of some vintage rigs.

I know...I was cutting Aspen some slack. I do like and use his products.

I guess he does deserve a little slack,he has done a lot for the "tube" world.Someday,when the NOS supply dries up,we will have to turn somewhere,and he the the best when it comes to current production.

Mesa may not have given him the right to publish their guts.
I agree though Daves book is very easy to understand and read. Unlike several other I have that you need an EE degree to interpret.

Of course I like the pictures too :)

Latest posts

Back