Recently posted DC-5 mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisCst22

Reaction score
I tried searching everywhere for the recent thread regarding a
simple mod of snipping a resistor next to the master volume, couldn't find it, so heres my .02$.

So I agreed that the DC-5's output knob might as well be an on/off switch because of its lack of a linear taper. And the mod seemed easy enough, so I decided to go for it.

Well it sure was easy. Quick little snip of one end, which one question I do have is, is it ok to leave the resistor hanging there or should I have removed it all together?? I just snipped one side and pushed it over and out of the way of any contacts...Hopefully thats ok.

So I remount the chassis, and plug everything back in. I flip the standby switch...And hear nothing. I make sure nothing is muted, my guitars volume is up. Whats worse is if I crank the output knob ALL the way up, I hear my guitar faintly coming through. NOT GOOD. I started freaking out!! You know the whole, "Oh man what the hell did I do!?"

"So I do a little rack inspection. Oh! I plugged in the effects loop backwards! Son of A! I plug them in right, and BAM! Theres my good buddy again! Thought I lost you there for a second!

WOW. I remember the poster who was gushing over this mod, and I can see why! It is 10X better!! Its SO linear now, it amazes me! Why did Boogie do it like this? Did they not know how good it is without that resistor?? Nice even output all across 2-10. And now I can finally put my channel masters up past 2! For some reason I always had to keep all my outputs at less than 2 for reasonable levels, but now I can dial in much better, and there is zero loss of tone or power.

Anyway, if you own a DC-5, check this out. Its so easy and so worth it. Thank you to whoever brought this to the table!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Here's the original thread : http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=16565

I desoldered one leg of my resistor and then just wrapped it in a small bit of insulating tape to keep it from any possible future intermittent connection.

Steve

:)

Latest posts

Back