Rec pre relay switching..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voodoo_child

Reaction score
According to Mesa Boogie Tech dept, these units require an isolated ground connection for each of the rear panel 1/4" external switching inputs.Since Y-Split cables are sharing the ground, they cannot be used from the G-System or G-Major (which output connection is TRS) because they could cause damage to the amp switching network.

The G-Major does have relay switching, however its use with Mesa/Boogie amps is not recommended because of a shared ground (can diminish the quality of the amp).

Just a couple of comments I find browsing...can someone clarify the issue with G-major relay switching and Mesa/boogie amps, specifically the Rec pre (which has two 1/4" jacks on the back for ch1/ch2 and solo on/off)?

Never heard about that. I used the G-major with a solo head 50 long time enough to know i didn't damage nothing (and what to say about the few hundred of people who's doing it?). I tried it with my recto pre to show it was working when i sold it. BTW last night i wasn't sleepin cause i was regreting the sale of my solo head 50 (my recto pre is on repair since already 1 month!):( What a great head amp, so easy to move, i think i'm gonna buy another one used.

P.S. I don't know why the supposedly tech at mesa boogie told you this about the ground cause your rig is actually sharing the same ground everywhere. Got to be like this, the ground is on the chassis especially to protect you the sytem by only 1 fuse (and obviously you from getting zapped).

Latest posts

Back