Re-recording Music from home studio to Professionall Studio?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surferdeac

Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone on the board has gone this route with regard to their musical art. And what in particular I seem to be interested in; is if anybody has had any experiences with the producers/owners/engineers of a particular studio re-arranging their musical compositions that were initially presented to the studio. The reason I ask is because i know of a professional recording studio in which the studio owners will take your music """re-arrange""" it, make it more pop sounding (so they say), and make you sign a contract if you were trying to market it in which they share in your profit margin if you decided to try to sell your music online.?

Is this how mainstream recording studio's do business these days with instrumental musicians trying to make a professional sounding album from original home recordings?

"Thats what I was told" at least from the individuals who own the Recording studio that i am aware of. You see these particular studio owner/aspiring engineers fancy themselves as being big shot producers/enginneers (father/son(s) team) They also record their own music and try to get talented musicians to play parts over their own music. They don't pay these musicians to play over their music, instead they tell them that if they sell their music online they will get noteriary and possible income. when and if it comes time to perform the music "LIVE" they offten have people stand in to play certain studio musicians parts essentially because either the people don't live in the area and have other musical/work obligations, or because they simply don't aggree with how the final musical product sounds on the album due to excessive cutting editing and pasting done by studio owner/engineer. So what essentially happens is that you have a studio band that sounds good on the album (although extremely over edited and processed ) but not very good live because they can't recreate the sound of the album live :roll: .

Is this the Normal trend going on in the music industry these days, especially with regards to these new professioanal recording studios founded in the last 5-10 yrs or so ????????????????

Latest posts

Back