**** radio station is coming through my amp....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had this happen before, allways seems to be when i'm using high-output pickups with the gain cranked on my amp.

It is very easy to "build" a radio.
Do you have any chords in a coil.
This is the most common problem.
Moving the rig often well work.
Just moving the chords before the amp well often get rid of it.

stephen sawall said:
It is very easy to "build" a radio.
Do you have any chords in a coil.
This is the most common problem.
Moving the rig often well work.
Just moving the chords before the amp well often get rid of it.

+1 I had that happening to me way to often. I checked every cable and have everything plugged into a furman power conditioner, and it was still happening. I moved the amp a few feet and all is good.

I went to see KISS in 1976 at Cobo hall. WRIF tower was right next door. I remember Ace stopped playing and just glaring at his stacks as it became louder than the band. :mrgreen:

With my MTS3200 I used to pickup a Spanish Raido Station it was hilarious! I live in Michigan as well so how the hell I got one all the way up here is beyond me!

I had a Christian radio station coming through my rig last practice. Pretty funny actually, because we are NOT a Christian metal band. :mrgreen: I find rolling my volume on a touch gets rid of it.

\m/echanic

I had a classic rock station come through an amp a long time ago. It was almost loud enough to jam along! I've had spanish too - that was pretty funny actually.

MusicManJP6 said:
I had a classic rock station come through an amp a long time ago. It was almost loud enough to jam along! I've had spanish too - that was pretty funny actually.

Im :shock: shocked as i thought that dod i used to have loooong time ago has been broken I also thought that only i've got this problem so ive sold the fx and started buying single pedals so problem was sold but recently i can hear the radio again and im not sure if its my mark IV or planet waves cable that hums when you touch it or maybe phase 90 i dont really know but as soon as i put it all togheter i will have to address this issue.

stephen sawall said:
I went to see KISS in 1976 at Cobo hall. WRIF tower was right next door. I remember Ace stopped playing and just glaring at his stacks as it became louder than the band. :mrgreen:
LOL i wish to see it but i was born 7 years after :p

I get a Spanish station when I play worship @ my church. Funny because you can only hear it faintly through the in ears, and they don't know it's coming from my amp.

Latest posts

Back