Rackto Q's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenine

Reaction score
I jusdt got a rackto - my first Mesa. I searched this board and saw only 3 threads re Rackto's. Not popular? or just not too many out there?

if your saying the racktifer then thats awesome.. there isn't that many around.. they are basically a early 2 channel dual recto!

They are all great, I have had an early one and currently own a revision G and Love the G, one of the best sounding recto's I have ever had.

1vic1 said:
only the really earlier ones with the chrome and the serial loop

I see your point, but not where in the thread did anyone say they were better then the solo heads, so that is why it got confusing.

And as to the early racto's being better then the later racto's, well that is a matter of opinion and style of music. As a rythem player I much prefer the revision G over any of the other revisions, and I have owned them all except E, and I still currently own R0005 which is a revision C.

Just a matter of opinion.

1vic1 said:
i played a later one didnt find it that much better than the solo head

hey cool! This is R00846, Rev F, chrome chassis. It sounds pretty f'in mean. I also own an Uber. The Uber is wider and a bit more 3D but I am really diggin this head. Its very aggressive sounding and generates sweet harm feedback very easily which is a big plus for me. Shame about the chrome as some of the lettering has worn off, but it looks bada$$. I had to d/l the user manual to see what everything was. This is my first Mesa so I do not have a handle on all the switching options. Guess I have to build a rack!

I had a revision F, the famouse Green one you see pop up every now and then. Great sounding amp, but like i said i prefer the G's as i am more of a rythem player.

thenine said:
hey cool! This is R00846, Rev F, chrome chassis. It sounds pretty f'in mean. I also own an Uber. The Uber is wider and a bit more 3D but I am really diggin this head. Its very aggressive sounding and generates sweet harm feedback very easily which is a big plus for me. Shame about the chrome as some of the lettering has worn off, but it looks bada$$. I had to d/l the user manual to see what everything was. This is my first Mesa so I do not have a handle on all the switching options. Guess I have to build a rack!

yep! thats it. The famous green one. I think you posted it on the JCF a few years back Siggy and I wanted it then. In a minor miracle the guy who eventually bought it off ebay rehearses at the same place I do. He saw me wheeling out a Splawn cab and stopped to ask about it. Well, we got talking and viola it is mine now! I also have a Dweezil Charvel so it is really cool for me. I have a question if you can remember. The speaker out labels on the back are pretty worn off. They look to me like (l - r) 8ohm, 4 ohm, 4 ohm. Is this correct? I d/l the manual and it is kinda generic for dual rectos and shows 4 speaker outs which of course, the racktos have only 3 speaker outs.

I will look at my rack recto when i get home to see what they read, but I am pretty sure you are right on that.

thenine said:
yep! thats it. The famous green one. I think you posted it on the JCF a few years back Siggy and I wanted it then. In a minor miracle the guy who eventually bought it off ebay rehearses at the same place I do. He saw me wheeling out a Splawn cab and stopped to ask about it. Well, we got talking and viola it is mine now! I also have a Dweezil Charvel so it is really cool for me. I have a question if you can remember. The speaker out labels on the back are pretty worn off. They look to me like (l - r) 8ohm, 4 ohm, 4 ohm. Is this correct? I d/l the manual and it is kinda generic for dual rectos and shows 4 speaker outs which of course, the racktos have only 3 speaker outs.

siggy14 said:
I see your point, but not where in the thread did anyone say they were better then the solo heads, so that is why it got confusing.

And as to the early racto's being better then the later racto's, well that is a matter of opinion and style of music. As a rythem player I much prefer the revision G over any of the other revisions, and I have owned them all except E, and I still currently own R0005 which is a revision C.

Just a matter of opinion.

1vic1 said:
i played a later one didnt find it that much better than the solo head

sorry i didnt mean it to sound like that its just the racto didnt blow me away as everyone hyped it to be but ive heard racto 81x and it did blow me away.i had a rev g solo head and it was great but i later sold it for a tremoverb which i have now sorry for the confusion btw how is recto r0005 compared to the racto?

the racktifier is whack.
cant even fit kt88 or 66 tubes.

who wants to buy mine?

make me an offer..

Back