Racktifier Solo Boost??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GibsonESPman

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am new to this board and this is my first post :D

My question to you guys is if there is a pedel that acts as a solo boost for the Dual Rec. Rackmount?? I just recieved the amp yesterday and it came with a single switch for switching between the clean channle and the dirty one.

Being a solo head is there such a pedel?? Or am I SOL when it comes to boosting the level? I was told over on the ESP board that they made a switch for this but ive never heard of one.

This is my second Boogie BTW...my other is a RoadKing! :D

Hope someone can help, Thanks and keep it Boogie! :D

I don't think there is a solo function on that particular head. Here is a link to the Mesa page, that doesn't list a "solo" function on it.
http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Out_of _Production/Recto_Rack/recto_rack.html

There are other options, like possibly using the Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster, or having another distortion pedal in your effects chain between the guitar and the amp that is set to give more distortion and volume, like Zakk Wylde uses his MXR Distortion pedal and Kirk Hammett uses an Ibanez Tubescreamer to volume boost his solos. KIrk uses two of these rackmount heads live and in the studio, and I think the reason he uses the tubescreamer is because these amps don't have solo features. Just an idea my friend. Congrats on the awesome amps.

-AJH

I'm pretty sure they sell with mesa 2 button footswitches....for channel and solo boost usually. I'd hunt around.....have you checked with mesa?

No i havent checked with them, but i have never seen or heard of such a double footswitch. Plus the head doesnt have a solo knob.

I was thinking anyway, i could probably just get a volume pedal and kee it sligtly low for rythem then at full volume for solos... would that effect anything other than volume though?

It shouldn't, if you get one that has a minimum volume adjust on it, Like the Morely "Little Alligator" volume pedal, or something. I dunno though, i don't own one, but i've seen them used with other bands that i have played with and they didn't seem to e(a)ffect the sound in any way.

-AJH

the guy above said this one has a solo setting. The older 2 channel rectos do not have a solo option.

Volume Pedal - DOES affect gain level and tone if used in the signal path. It's exactly as if you're turning down the volume on your guitar.....highs go away and gain decreases. If you use a volume pedal hooked to your effects loop, it's straight volume. But that requires 2 more cables to have to hook up.

When I had an older recto I used the MXR 10 band EQ pedal. It has the eq part and a gain level and volume level. It worked incredibly. Try it.

Latest posts

Back