rackmounting your mesa?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyg121

Reaction score
anybody ever rackmount there mark 4?i have 1x12 that im considering rackmounting,i guess mainly to cut down the weight.would a head be better than a rack?advantages/disadvantages?

billyg121 said:
anybody ever rackmount there mark 4?i have 1x12 that im considering rackmounting,i guess mainly to cut down the weight.would a head be better than a rack?advantages/disadvantages?
The only advantage to a rackmount over a head is if you have other rack gear also. If you have say a power conditioner, tuner and a G-major that are all rackmount then going rack with the head would make sense. But what the hell do I know? :lol:

i had never had interest in rack heads because i don't use any other rack gear. then i bought a rackmounted mark iii that i got a screaming deal on. now i wish all amps were available in a rack version. since then i've bought a rackmount dual rectifier as well and any other mesa i get i will be looking for rack heads or short heads that i could put in a rack. it's like having the amp in a live in road case but so much more compact. the knobs don't get turned while moving it in and out of a van and there's peace of mind in the protection you get and less of a pain in the *** than a road case and smaller. rackmounted mark heads fit nicely into the skb x-racks, which are only 10.5 inches deep. i say go for it, even if you don't use other rack gear. i'm not a big fan of huge heavy 8 unit racks anyway with a head and a bunch of other crap. put the head in one and the other stuff in another, keep it easy to move.

It will weigh about the same, unless you have the EVM 12L. Then it will save some poundage. The rack mount kit is solid, heavy steel, and weighs at least as much as a C-90.
The big question is, where the heck do you put the reverb tank? :D

yep..i thought about that.mounting the fan wouldnt be hard but i would need to work sommething out for the verb.

There's a place for the fan on the rack mount front plate - same place as a head cab.

Latest posts

Back