''Rackmount 2a''

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bartchamdoh

Reaction score
A few years back i bought a short head mark 2a super sixty, to be honest it was pretty much f**ck*d only the clean channel worked properly and somebody f**ck*d up the graphic eq as well.To make things worse some previous owner had removed the black tolex covering and replaced it with cheap grey carpet...gulp.Looking at the restoration section of ''the boogie files'' i decided to sand it down and oil it up in a last attempt to make it look presentable!After a week of hard work i have to tell you i still wasn,t happy, it was better than before but looked sadly past it(sob)You may ask why bother to try restore this little amp if it,s in such disrepair...well the plan was to hook it up to any other amp i was gigging with at bigger venues and use it as a satelite(which still works lol)Well here,s the good news i had a spare mesa rack kit and it,s now in the rack unit., i hadn,t tried this before because mark 2a,s have different positions for the mounting screws on top(as have mark 1,s)to the other mark series amps.So fear not if you have an old mark 1/2a rack mount that baby and give it some new life lol.

Oh, this is good news. I was actually considering going rack and wondering what to do with my IIA. I was going to see about converting it to a head, but if rack mount is an option, I might do that.

So, who's got spare rack mount kits? Anyone got a "how-to?"

It,s very simple you just unscrew the 4 mounting screws on top that hold your amp in the chassis, slip it out(not forgeting to disconect reverb ,fans,speakers etc and then unscrew the rack unit slip the amp in and screw it back together....you,ll see what to do when you do it,trust me i can do it...lol.

Does the rack mount accomodate the reverb unit & fan as well, or do you lose these going to rack?

One of my rack boogies has a fan installed(it,s drilled and screwed to the inside of the rack where it would be in the head version)but i don,t see any where for the reverb tank.

Latest posts

Back